ARRIVAL AT CHAMBORD IN THE LATE MORNING
BIRDS OF PREY AND HORSES SHOW AT 11:45 AM
A few steps from the castle, enter the stables of the Marshal of Saxony to attend the outdoor show describing the highlights of Francis I's life.
In 2019, the birds of prey will be the masters of the place. Great dukes, falcons, vultures,
eagles... will accompany the history of the King.
LUNCH IN A ROOM OF THE CHÂTEAU DE CHAMBORD 13H00
Buffet menu ¼ wine and coffee
Assortment of sausages and raw vegetables
Roasted Ancenis poultry supreme with mushroom and polenta sauce
Or Pavé of perch, white butter and steamed potatoes
Camembert and regional goat cheese
Sologne Tatin Tart
FREE VISIT OF THE CHÂTEAU DE CHAMBORD 15H00
A true reflection of the French Renaissance, Francis I fulfilled his dream of greatness by initiating the construction of this masterpiece in 1519 in the heart of a forest estate that is still today enclosed by a 32km wall. During your visit, you will discover the famous double revolution staircase. A remarkable technical achievement.
INSTALLATION AT THE HOTEL 18:00
DINNER AND ACCOMMODATION
FREE VISIT OF THE ZOO PARC DE BEAUVAL IN ST AIGNAN-SUR-CHER
The Beauval ZooPark is ranked among the 15 most beautiful zoos in the world. A must-see place with 8,000 animals, it presents the largest collection in France on a 30 ha park. More than 600 species unique in France: manatees, koalas, okapis, share the spotlight with the first tigers and white lions in Europe. Four large tropical greenhouses are home to birds, primates, vivariums and Australasian animals. Without forgetting, the African savannah with its 3 ha on which live giraffes, rhinos, antelopes...
Exceptional: the pair of giant pandas (Yuan Zi, the male, and Huan Huan, the female) that you can admire in a fabulous setting with their baby Yuan Meng. A magnificent Asian plain where Indian rhinos, white-backed tapirs, deer, etc. are frolicking. The latest innovations for visitors include a unique installation for hippos (a gigantic basin bordered by beaches, rivers and waterfalls) and a space dedicated to the cat king: the Plaine des Lions.
In the afternoon, you can attend both shows (from Easter to November 11):
- The sea lions, around a basin of 3 million litres of water
- The birds, by taking place in an amphitheatre where evolve above your raptor heads and exotic birds.
END OF OUR SERVICES 18:00
- Night and breakfast in a double room
- Entrance to the Beauval ZooPark and its shows
- Lunch in the castle ¼ wine included
- Admission and free visit of Chambord Castle
- The show in Chambord
- Dinner at ¼ including wine
- The tourist tax
- The transport
- Lunch on Day 2
- Personal expenses
- Single room supplement: 28 € in hotel **, from 60 € in hotel *** Beauval, 46 € in hotel ****
- The guide supplement in Chambord: 178 € (weekly rate)
- The meal voucher supplement
- Weekend and public holiday rates May/June: contact us
Valid from January 01 to December 31, 2019
- 55km circuit
- Free for the driver
- In 2019, the Château de Chambord will offer activities for the "500 years of rebirth" in the Loire Valley. Please contact our service for more information.
2 star hotel: 156€ /person
3 star hotel in Beauval: from 197€ /person
4 star hotel in Blois: 199€ /person