GUIDED TOUR OF THE CHÂTEAU DE CHAUMONT-SUR-LOIRE 10H00
In the heart of a green setting, the Château de Chaumont overlooks the Loire by about forty metres. Former property of Catherine de Médicis in 1552 and her rival Diane de Poitiers. In 1875, the Princes of Broglie acquired it and made it a true princely residence. You will end your visit with the 19th century stables, considered at the time to be the most luxurious and modern in Europe.
LUNCH IN A RESTAURANT 12H15
¼ including wine
- Thin apple pie with black pudding, mixed salad
Or pressed beetroot with goat cheese and basil, balsamic vinegar and honey sauce
- 7-hour lamb shoulder, creamy risotto with small vegetables, rosemary juice
Or Candied beef paleron, mashed potatoes with herbs, mustard cream
- Homemade iced nougat, red fruit sauce
Or Tatin Pie, whipped cream
FREE VISIT OF THE 28TH INTERNATIONAL GARDEN FESTIVAL OF THE DOMAINE DE CHAUMONT-SUR-LOIRE 14H30
Each year, about twenty landscape teams from all over the world propose a vision of the theme chosen by the domain. An often original and unexpected expression worked by flowers, materials, water, trees and foliage.
Theme 2019: "Gardens of Paradise".
VISIT OF THE WINERY AND TASTING OF WINES AND REGIONAL PRODUCTS 17H00
Visit of the winery and tasting of wines and regional products of the Touraine appellation.
END OF OUR SERVICES 18H30
- The entrance and visit of the castle of Chaumont-sur-Loire
- Lunch ¼ including wine
- The free visit of the Garden Festival
- A visit to the winery, tasting of wines and local products
- The transport
- Personal expenses
- Aperitif and coffee supplements
- The additional guide fee for visiting the Festival: 90€ per group of 30 people maximum
Valid from April 01 to October 31, 2019
- 10km circuit
- Free for the driver
- In 2019, the Chaumont-sur-Loire regional estate will offer activities for the "500 years of Renaissance" in the Loire Valley. Please contact our service for more information.