GUIDED TOUR OF THE ROYAL CASTLE OF BLOIS 10:00 AM
Located in the heart of the city, Blois Castle is a royal residence: 7 kings and 11 queens have stayed in this palace. One of the most emblematic are François I, Henri III and Catherine de Médicis, who have left their mark on the life of this castle. The architecture, with its different facades of styles: Gothic, Renaissance and Classic, is a true synthesis of the Loire castles. As one of the first castles to be classified as Historic Monuments, it was restored at the end of the 19th century.
LUNCH IN A RESTAURANT IN BLOIS
MENU ¼ of wine included
- Gourmet duck salad
Or Berry lentils in vinaigrette, salmon marinated in dill and lemon cream
- Rabbit Barbouille with black pudding sauce (typical Sologne recipe)
Or Cod steak with chestnut chips and sauvignon sauce (depending on arrival)
- Tatin Ladies' Pie
Or Swimming with Williams pears and candied prunes with Gamay miot
Additional lunch in a gourmet restaurant +20€ /pers
VISIT OF THE CITY BY CARRIAGE AND ON FOOT 14H30
(with a tour guide)
From the castle square, you will drive to the Church of St Nicolas, the quays of the Loire and the Jacques Gabriel bridge. In the Cathedral district, you will continue the tour on foot with your guide, through the picturesque streets of the Puits Châtel, which houses the most beautiful Renaissance mansions. This unique moment will be an opportunity to admire the historic city and enjoy the magnificent landscapes of the Loire.
Return to Place du Château - end of the guide's services.
FREE TIME BEFORE DEPARTURE 17H30
END OF OUR SERVICES
- The entrance and guided tour of the Royal Castle of Blois
- Lunch in a restaurant in Blois (¼ including wine)
- The horse carriage ride 45 mn
- The services of a guide speaker 3 hours (week)
- The transport
- Aperitif & coffee supplements
- Personal expenses
- Weekend and public holiday supplement: 3€/persons
From January 01 to December 31, 2019
- No kilometer
- Free for the driver
- In 2019, the Château de Blois will offer activities for the "500 years of rebirth" in the Loire Valley.
52€/person (based on 30 people minimum)