Appointment with a guide for the day
GUIDED TOUR OF THE CASTLE OF CHAMBORD 10:00 AM
Emblematic palace of the first French renaissance, the Chambord national estate is one of the most remarkable monuments in the Loire Valley, both in its incredible architecture and its immoderation. François I realized his dream of greatness by initiating the construction of this masterpiece in the heart of a forest estate enclosed by a 32 km wall.
LUNCH IN A RESTAURANT 12:30 PM
VISIT OF THE CASTLE OF CHEVERNY 14H30
In a purely classical style, its tufa walls are dazzlingly white. The interiors adorned with tapestries, furniture and works of art suggest that the castle has always been inhabited.
VISIT OF THE WINE HOUSE LOCATED IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE OF CHEVERNY 16H30
After having told you the history of the grape varieties, the cultivation of the vines and the elaboration of the wines, the oenologist will invite you to test his new and revolutionary tasting system. Thanks to the detailed labels, you will be free to choose four wines from among the nearly one hundred wines from the thirty AOC estates of Cheverny and Cour-Cheverny.
BACK TO BLOIS - HOTEL ACCOMMODATION
DINNER AND ACCOMMODATION
OPTIONAL: SOUND & LIGHT SHOW AT THE CHÂTEAU DE BLOIS "AINSI BLOIS VOUS EST CONTÉ".
Dramas and fairytales parade in a series of images projected on the facades of the castle courtyard. History will take you from the court with its balls and feasts to the evocation of poets who were invited to Blois such as Ronsard, without forgetting the sad hours of the castle such as the murder of the Duke of Guise. Duration 45 min standing in the courtyard of the castle. From April 6 to September 22, 2019. Every evening except June 21 and July 13.
GUIDED TOUR OF THE ROYAL CASTLE OF BLOIS 09H30
Proudly set up on its promontory, the castle offers a panorama of French architecture. Each facade evokes the passage of royalty: Louis XII, François I or Gaston d'Orléans.
PRESTIGIOUS CARRIAGE WITH BUFFET OF LOCAL PRODUCTS 12H00-14H00
After a guided stroll through the old Blois, you will reach the stone bridge to reach the aître St Saturnin for a buffet of local products and wines. From this shore, a splendid panorama of Blois and the Loire awaits you. The coach will then take you back to the castle square.
FREE VISIT OF THE HOUSE OF MAGIC AND ITS SHOW AT 14H15
A unique place in Europe, this space celebrates magic and illusion through an illustrious character born in Blois Jean Eugène Robert-Houdin. Interactive spaces, a show, an exhibition of collections take you into the parallel world of Magic. (From April to September and All Saints' Day holidays).
END OF OUR SERVICES 16:00
- Night and breakfast in a double room
- Meals included in the 1/4 wine program
- Entries to the sites mentioned in the program
- The carriage ride with buffet of local products, wines and coffee included
- Visit and tasting of 4 wines at the Maison des Vins de Cheverny
- The services of a daily guide on the 1st day
- The tourist tax
- The transport
- Personal expenses
- The Sound & Light show at the Royal Castle of Blois 8€/ pers
- Single room supplement: 28 €/persons in hotel **, 36 €/persons in hotel ***, 46 €/persons in hotel ****
- The professionnal guide on the 1st day: Sunday 4 €/pers - public holiday 8 €/pers
Valid from January 01 to December 31, 2019
- 35km circuit
- Free driver's license
- In 2019, the following sites will offer activities for the "500 years of Renaissance" in the Loire Valley: the castles of Chambord, Cheverny and Blois. Please contact our service for more information.
2 stars hotel: 186€ /person
3 stars hotel: 204€ /person
4 stars hotel: 232€ /person